Saturday, September 7, 2013

The Melt Method

I feel a weak light tingling sensation through my arms to my hands and through my llegs to my feet. I lift my hand to my neck and pinch the flesh above my shoulder blade. I press my fingers into the side of my neck and press down hard as I run down it ,trying to loosen the knots underneath. I can feel a rope-like band and know from my Rolfing experience that it is bunched up fascia (Connective tissue) .I need a deep tissue massage. Wouldn't be nice if I could give myself one? Maybe I could.

Recently I picked up The Melt Method by Sue Hitzman. The method is said to help many ailments including some I experience: joint inflammation, headaches ,restless legs , brain foginess, and  stiff,tight muscles. The method uses a foam roller but is much more involved than simply rolling over muscles. The steps of the method are:

Reconnect: making a mind body connection to find areas of " stuck stress" and monitor progress

Rebalance : using Neurocore stabilizing mechanisms to improve whole body balance ,grounding ,and organ support

Rehydrate: restoring the fluid state of connective tissue system

Release: decompressing neck/low back/joints of the spine ,hands ,and feet

The method contains elements of many different therapies I have tried and received at least partial relief from ; the mind-body connection making from The Alexander Method,the adressing of the fascia from Rolfing , the cirulation benefits of massage ,and the decompression techniques of physical therapy.

This week I have my first Melt Method instruction class. Stay tuned for my progress.

What is The Melt Method?

Neck Release Sequence



3 comments:

  1. Neck pain is very severe and also injurious for many people . The neck pain is also effected the back also and a man feel uncomfortable and stress-full ,to reduce the stress and pain Physiotherapy North Ryde is the best solution.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This blog is truly useful to convey refreshed instructive undertakings over web which is truly appraisable. I discovered one effective case of this truth through this blog. I will utilize such data now. Gold Coast Dry Needling

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is really interesting reading. I am glad I found this and got to read it. Great job on this content. I like it. neck pain

    ReplyDelete