Tuesday, December 21, 2010

The Pain Chronicles

Just finished a great book.. The Pain Chronicles by Melanie Thernstrom

Packing for my latest vacation my mother asked me why I was bringing a book about pain on what was supposed to be a relaxing vacation. The truth was- I had been dying to read this book since the moment I read the review of it. And besides- my pain didn't take a vacation. Reading and writing about the pain actually gave me some comfort. Learning more about my pain gives me hope that I will figure out the solutions I needed to feel 100% better.

Thernstrom describes her personal experience with neck pain and migraines as well as describing the history of pain relief research and methods . She visits pain clinics and ponders why some people can cope with pain much easier than others. She explores why some techniques work for some patients but have no effect on others.

Anyone in pain or treating/caring for someone in pain should read this book.




Videos Featuring Melanie Thernstrom:

The Pain Chronicles


Integrative Pain Management

No comments:

Post a Comment