Monday, December 26, 2011

Safe Luggage Handling

Thankfully for my flight tommorow I will be taking JetBlue which offers a free checked bag but I think I may have have checked a bag anyway to avoid lugging my suitcase around and struggling to hoist it into and out of the overhead bins.

According to the US Consumer Product Safety Commission, more than 54,000 people were treated in hospital emergency rooms, doctors' offices, clinics and other medical settings for injuries related to luggage in 2009.

Either too heavy luggage or luggage that is not carried/lifted correctly can cause injuries. When lifting your luggage you are not only doing an overhead motion you typically do not do but also doing this motion trying to lift a heavy load- and it is hard to relax your muscles while lifting- especially if you are stressed and tensed while traveling.

Some good tips:
Safe Luggage Handling

No comments:

Post a Comment